Friday, 1 February 2013

Paper Stories - February Sketch - DT Layout

It's February. The start of another month. This means a fabulous new sketch challenge at Paper Stories!
Last month saw some gorgeous layouts by everyone - we all had a difficult time choosing the winners. But I love seeing everyone's interpretation and being so inspired. There are so many talented, creative people!

The sketch this month:


Isn't is fabulous?? Head over to Paper Stories to see what the design team have all done, if you haven't already. Their work is amazing!

Here is my layout:





I would like to say I used Pan Pastels for the background, but I've only used cheap pastels that my children use (Pan Pastels are on my wish list!). Then I splattered some Glimmer Mist. I have also used a border die-cut for the white on white effect (which I just LOVE) as a hint of texture. This was cut from my Silhouette - and the pattern, I just adore!
I covered the old Kaiser chipboard number 4 with Basic Grey paper, then inked the edges, but got carried away and it ended up looking like a dark, murky mess, so then I painted over it with gold acrylic to cover my mistake. After that, I was too scared to do much more inking! LOL!

I hope you like it, and it inspires some!
Be sure to link up before the end of the month. Can't wait to see what you have done!

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely, Zeneva...I popped your 'GD' LO on my post about Scrap Friends....& a link to you here! So pleased your scrapping is going so well:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a fantastic layout! Your style is so lovely!!! I absolutely love what you have done here - the pastels have worked a TREAT!!! I want to get those pan pastels too - as well as gelatos (I think that's what they are called)... my wish list! ;) Hey after seeing what you have done with "normal kids" pastels - maybe I don't even need the fancy ones... thinking aloud here (kinda aloud)... have a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow hun, what a fab page love your take on the sketch and especially love all the fun elements what a bright happy page xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning layout, your style is just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!