Thursday 2 May 2013

Paper Stories DT May Sketch

Another month has just flashed by, and now May is here with a fabulous new sketch challenge at Paper Stories. 
The sketch:

I actually rotated the sketch this month to look like this:


And my interpretation:




For the background paper I used the camera paper from Amy Tangerine's 'Sketchbook' collection and painted it blue with Ecoline #506. I love the intensity of colour.
The additional papers were also from the Sketchbook collection as well as Kaisercraft and Crate Paper.
I reduced the size of my 3 photos in Photoshop then printed them on a scrap of white cardstock before adding them behind the film reel chipboard. The camera is a stamp from Amy Tangerine that I heat embossed with black powder before painting then cutting out.

I don't have many photos of myself with any of my children, let alone as a family unit, so attempted to take some. On one level, probably not very successful, but on another, shows us at this time, and I reckon this is good enough and has captured the moment, and that's what it's all about.

Thankyou for looking.

I hope to see your layout soon at Paper Stories!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love this, I think I'm being more and more drawn to just a couple of colours on the page and you really did an awesome job with this LO.
    Thanks also for leaving me such lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Sandra - the almost mono scheme works so well, especially with the busy bg...& I really like how you've used that as inspiration for the rest of your page. Those photos look such FUN! I'm sooo wanting photoshop...looks like a great program. And that blue???TOTAL yum!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI..This looks fabulous! I love the colors and wow I have noticed the little photos in the film strips.. how very clever!! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this too! It's so inventive and executed fabulously. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling photos and such a cool page. LOVE that bold blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!