Saturday 1 June 2013

ScrapFriends Sketch Challenge #14 - Guest Designer

ScrapFriends have their new sketch up for the month. I love it...


 I couldn't keep away from my gesso for too long, so it is in use again here:






To be honest, when I finished this layout, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but my eldest daughter said she loved it, so felt better with her approval. Funny that.

The background has arrows die-cut in green/teal paper that I stuck down over some black misting. Then I gessoed (thanks Lizzy H for confirming it's a valid word...in scrapbooking land anyway:-)) all over it. You can probably see a hint of the arrows best on the main picture.

Then I used a mixture of alcohol inks and Glimmer mists over it. The die-cut arrow piece in white was cut with my Silhouette (LOVE this toy - use it on all my layouts). Black indian ink was then splattered over it.

The circle frames are black paint, painted with a dry brush on some acetate before cutting out and putting vellum underneath.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful page! Very beautiful colors and interesting details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely in love with your page!!! the colours are so beautiful and all the details are so great! I's completely and absolutely beautiful! I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this page!!! The colours are awesome and the arrows, circles and other details -amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I don't know how you could doubt yourself, colours are stunning and live the die cut arrows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, the arrows are stunning.. a wonderful take on the sketch too.. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! LOVE, Zeneva! Your background textures are to die for, and what a beautiful palette! Not to mention that I'm totally digging all these round photos. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with this layout! Im actually alot more inspired by your version than the sketch - it is absolutely beautiful and the quote is perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!