Sunday 28 July 2013

Prima - July PPP

I decided to enter the Prima PPP challenge for this month. I've never entered it before, but thought I'd give it a go. Here it is:



The problem was I had very little navy or red, so had to use some inks and mists. I have to laugh however because each layer I added was to cover up the previous layer until I could no longer add any more before it turned into a mess, so then had to cover up my near muddy mess with larger styled embellishments.

So here is my layout:




Initially I was going to use Prima Sunrise-Sunset Collection 'Aura' as the background but my misting and stamping looked to heavy for my photo, so ended up cutting the paper in strips and using it. I also misted some papers from the Annalee Collection in red and aqua to use for the leaves and flowers. My intention was to use only a light misting so that the design of the paper would show through, but again, I was little heavy-handed.

Other paper I used was 'faith' from the Flights of Fancy Collection for some additional leaves. The stencils I used were the Donna Downey 'floral' and Finnabair 'Sunrise-Sunset', along with the matching stamp and a script stamp also from Prima. Flowers and pebbles are of course, from Prima. Finally, the long black bits are actually twigs that the children were sent to find, that I painted black.

The photo is of my three, with the eldest going to a Japanese dress-up party.

Thank you for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Heehee!!! If my 'mess' looked like this I'd be MORE than happy!!! Love the sticks - they remind me of those things Japanese ladies wear in the back of her hair:):):) I like the paper strips, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeneca you nailed this challenge, I love the background and the flower clusters, fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of the mess you were covering up is funny b/c this is beautifully done! If that's the case, you should make more messes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning layout and not at all a mess.. love the background and all the layers too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet I think those clusters look like glrious fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! Don't you just love it when a 'mistake' turns into a good thing? I also love the Japanese influence on the clusters - amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!