For the current Colour Challenge #22 over at ScrapFriends, I made an 8" x 8" canvas. It was my first time doing a canvas and a highly enjoyable process. Here is a reminder of the canvas...
Today I thought I'd show the steps I took to create it...
1. I really had no idea what I wanted to do at this stage but I glued down a spare die-cut piece from my Silhouette, then some cut lace and sticky netting.
2. I brushed white gesso all over.
3. Added some texture paste (stars through a stencil which didn't work so well).
4. I had left the canvas for a while and returned when I had a better idea of what I wanted to do. Using watered down brown acrylic paint, I brushed a wash over the entire canvas.
5. I added some shading around the edges with a mix of Distress Ink, Distress Stain, and acrylic paint, wiping with a baby wipe as I went and adding more again.
6. I love my splatters, so had to add some here - brown acrylic paint and white gesso.
7. Using left over bits of paper, I inked the edges with Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap) and added black lines around the edges of the paper, then arranged them as so, gluing them down.
8. I added some more left over bits of die-cut paper - I sprayed the white frame blue with Glimmer Mist (Sapphire) as well as the Wycinanka chipboard frame (love their chipboard).
9. Added some more layers of paper as well as painted a little bit of Twinkling H2O in 'True Blue'.
10. Some more layers again - I just love those large Prima bulbs - a canvas is perfect for them.
11. Lastly, I added my photo in a Kaisercraft chipboard frame, some flowers and finally added my title, as below:
This has now been given to my mother. She loves it (mum's are great, aren't they?).
Thank you for joining me today.