Tuesday 15 July 2014

Pinterest and Favicon buttons

Hello all,

I am so proud of myself. I have just added a customised Pinterest button to my blog. This means, when you hover your mouse over any images on my blog, you can add it to Pinterest. Yay!
To help me do this, I followed this tutorial:

http://www.bloggersentral.com/2012/11/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html

Once I had the button design I liked, I added the image to Photobucket, grabbed the Direct link and added it to the HTML.

This is my icon:

which I downloaded and adapted from:

http://www.amarieb.com/p/blog-page_6.html



The other thing I wanted to mention was the use of a Favicon. They are the little icons that appear next to your name on a tab, kind of like a brand, I guess.

This is mine:

They are super easy to do. I did mine in PSE however, you can do them in PIXLR which is a free photo-editing site. I made mine 72px x 72px which I believe is a fairly standard size to make them. To add it, go to your blog, choose Layout then on the top left you should see 'Favicon', click edit, and upload your icon. Voila! All done. You can make the icon any shape you like, but work within the square, and also remember that it is a very small area so nothing too intricate.

Anyway, just little touches you can add to your blog if you're feeling so inclined.

I am no expert, but if  you have any questions, please ask and I'll try to help.

Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant!! Love those tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet for sharing this! I keep meaning to spend more time on my blog doing things just like this...but life always gets in the way....thanks for sharing your tips ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are a whiz ! Very clever. Thank you so much for your little "shout out" for me in your last post....I feel very humbled, so thank you. I would love to catch up, crazy we live in the same town haha. Do you have an email addy ?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!