Art Challenge | Writing
Journal Prompt | Words with friends
I decided to write myself a letter as a friend, but as I was thinking about this, I realised I don't treat myself like a friend at all, more like a foe, so decided it was time to change this and become more aware of my self-talk. The letter is telling myself positive things and giving myself permission to accept my own kindness and embrace all good things. It's about letting go and moving forward. A process.
This is my page:
I started with this thought:
I forgot to take photos along the way, but this is how I put it together:
- I started with a gesso background, writing my letter in a micro pen, then adding washi tape around the edges of the spread and down the middle to cover the spine.
- I then sprayed with Glimmer Mist 'Aquamarine' and stamped with a Prima writing stamp.
- The black flowers are fussy-cut from a napkin and carefully glued down.
- The leaves are some die-cuts I had in my stash which had been cut with my Silhouette (they are the same paper, but look different colours on the spread because of the light in my room and the camera).
- I spent some time doing some Gelli prints, settling on the pink/red combination for my flower. As it was my birthday during this last week, I bought some supplies as a present to myself, one of which included the new Donna Downey stencil, 'Marigold' which I used here as the large flower. The stencil was a lot larger than I was expecting (I bought it online), but am really happy for the over-size. I added some markings with Montana acrylic pens.
The next challenge is up. You can find it HERE. I will see you next week for another page, but leave you with some close-ups for now:
Thank you for visiting.
Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!