Friday 15 January 2016

Scrapaneers - January Champions

Hello Everyone, 

Every month, Scrapaneers releases some new techniques and videos to learn from as part of their Champions subscription. This month, it's all about QUIRKS, the little things you do when you make a layout; that you can't seem to help doing; that doesn't feel right if you don't do it. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Anyhow, this is my layout followed by an explanation of my quirks:

Dancing
 Credits: 
January Champions Kit: Creashens | Beats
Studio Rosey Posey | Needful Masks
Just Jaimee | Glitter Styles
The Nifty Pixel | Present & Correct Elements (staple; scatters; splatters (black))
Font: Pea Andrea

I just love this series of photos of my youngest daughter.  She was being her natural, cheeky, beautiful self.  The centre photo of my daughter is my favourite, so I wanted to showcase this one larger amongst the others. 

Something I find I do more and more of late, is the use of a mask on the background and clipping paper to it, as I have done here.  After the background paper, I added a mask, then clipped the natural looking paper from the kit before clipping more paper to the background shapes that are part of the template.  I always find this gives more visual interest.  On top of this, I always have to add some paint.  Splatters are a preference, but any paint will do, the splatters in this kit are just gorgeous!  And I always like a few scatters thrown in.  The aqua glitter circle scatters on my layout started off as green, but I like to try and add some glitter style to my page whenever I can.  After all, we can all do with a little added sparkle in our lives.

Thank you for spending a little time out of your day here.

Thinking about wanting to know more about Champions?  Go HERE to check out a FREE trial!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING those precious photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love your fabulous sense of balance in your projects. Amazing pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page! Great mix of patterns and color, and those photos are priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!