Sunday 16 September 2012

ScrapFriends Colour Palette Challenge #5

Hi everyone,

ScrapFriends has just released their new Colour Palette Challenge - #5. Here it is:


I admit when I first received this palette, I was really nervous as this was my first stint as a guest designer,  and the colours aren't ones I would normally use. I think it was the light blue in the mix that had me stumped a bit. It took me a while to get the courage to start, and  this is what I eventually came up with:


And some close-ups:



Materials used: Paper: Basic Grey, Echo Park, DCWV, Prima, American Crafts, Making Memories, Grace Taylor; Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug; Washi Tape; Kaiser chipboard; Prima flower; Muslin(gauze); Die-cuts: Tim Holtz, Magnolia Ink; Punches: Ek Success, Punch Bunch; liquid pearsl; Mister Huey's color mists.

So I hope you don't feel intimidated by this colour challenge and give it a go. You have ample time to enter as it ends Oct 14.  For inspiration visit the site here, where the designers have all done such gorgeous layouts with this challenge ...it seems I was the only one out of my comfort zone!

Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to seeing your layouts.
Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I hear ya when you talk about being out of the comfort zone. I had the same feeling with some of the colors... Orange and Green??? lol I thought how on earth am I going to do something with those.. but thankfully you didn't have to use them ALL, as that was clarified when I emailed them about the colors lol I was quite happy when I found the perfect green color and how it worked out even if I"m not thrilled with the color. I have the color comfort too. When I scrap a color that I love.. it turns out pretty good.. But boy give me dark brown, Green, yellow, orange or Red, and I'm stumped. Give me a male layout and I'm completely out of my comfort zone... actually so far out I'm down 3 blocks to the left!! LMBO!! I know I need to work on the male layouts to get over that, but I dread doing them, but scrapping is suppose to be fun.
    Thanks a bunch for stopping by and leaving a comment on my color layout. Congrats for winning last month, and congrats on your first design team layout.. you did great with the colors!

    Sherry P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Sherry. Glad I'm not the only one to get stumped. That's the beauty of challenges - it gently persuades you to try new things.:-)

      Delete
  2. Great lo and great details as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous layout..love the layers and that flower is so pretty! thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, such stunning layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!