Monday 29 June 2015

Art Journal Page - The Documented Life - Weeks 14, 15, 16 & 17

Hello Everyone,

Although I am still behind, I have managed to catch up on a few more weeks of The Documented Life Project, completing the month of April...although I just realised, we're almost into July!! Eek!


April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)


Art Challenge:  Watercolors
Journal Prompt:  It's Water Under the Bridge

This page was inspired by a class I did with Danielle Donaldson via Jeanne Oliver. The girl is the first I completed. I really enjoyed working with the watercolours and creating a character.




Art Challenge:  Acrylics
Journal Prompt Cry Me a River

The girl and extra collage bits are from Rebecca McMeen, 'Milla' digital kit.

The page started life like this:
And a close-up:



Art Challenge:  Gelli Plate
Journal Prompt:  A lot on my Plate

This one was inspired by the art work of the late Rex Ray, which I just LOVE! You can see more of his work HERE.

I went through my stash of Gelli painted paper, and decided to cut it up the papers of the same colours. It came together pretty quickly. Initially, I wasn't intending to add any marks, but thought it looked unfinished (as below), so went ahead and added some.


Art Challenge:  Inks
Journal Prompt:  Before the Ink is Dry


This is my least favourite page of all the ones I have done thus far. It also took me the longest. I have no idea what I was doing, or hoping to achieve. It started life like this:
I used a number of different inks and stencils. At this point, I wanted to add more, but didn't know what, so I went and did this, and then thought, 'what am I doing??'
Which is why I then tried to cover it up, resulting in the final page.

If you are interested in finding out more about The Documented Life Project, check it out HERE.

Thank you for popping in.:)

3 comments:

  1. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....love your honesty with your last page, especially...& it is all part of the process, yes? I would've whacked on the black gesso by now & started again. Good on you for following through! My fave is the one with your stockinged girl....she is AWESOME! And I love her page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creating, some worked for you and some didn't, but they all look amazing I think.. It is always a learning process!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!